I let Kelsey choose what he wanted me to make for dinner. Both the soup and asparagus are pretty flexible in terms of what you add in. For the soup, it’s a melange of recipes I’ve read/made throughout the years. For tonight’s soup;
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Cut corn tortillas into strips, place on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10-12 mins. In addition to these baked strips, I always fry up a bigger chunk for some different type of crunch.
2. Heat up oil in pot. Cook one chopped onion and 2-3 chopped zucchini until translucent (~8 mins).
3. Add in chopped jalapeño (2-3) and garlic. Cook until fragrant ~30 secs.
4. Add in shredded chicken (I used chicken from a rotisserie chicken).
5. Add in cumin and chipotle powder (depending on how spicy you want it to be- I like it to be really spicy so I add about 1.5 tablespoons). Mix well.
6. Add in 8 cups of chicken stock. A little bit of salt to really seal in the heart disease.
7. Garnish with cilantro, avocado and line.
the good: very easy to make on a weeknight, for a group, and like I said earlier–you can basically make it with anything you have
the bad: nothing.