So I’m fat right now. Had a minor breakdown and felt like I needed something healthy.
For the cod
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil (or grape seed oil)
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (you can add more if you want it to be extra gingery)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb cod
Scallions, green and white parts sliced for garnish (optional)
1. Combine all of the ingredients except scallions in plastic bag. Let set in fridge for ~20 mins, mixing it up halfway through.
2. Heat skillet and a little bit of grapeseed or sesame oil to high heat. When it’s almost smoky, place cod (save the marinade for later) on skillet and cook undisturbed for 5 mins on each side.
3. Remove, drizzle with marinade. Serve immediately.
For the cauliflower:
1 head cauliflower, florets chopped
1 tablespoon miso paste (I used white miso)
1. Place cauliflower in boiling water and cook for ~6 mins until done. Babe careful not to overcook.
2. Drain and dry VERY WELL. Watery cauliflower is gross. I drained the cauliflower in a colander and then patted down in batches using paper towel.
3. Return cauliflower to pot. Add miso paste. Using a hand blender, blend until cauliflower is smooth and miso is mixed well. Ta da!
For the bok choy:
2 bunches baby bok choy, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced (yum very garlicky!)
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil (or grapeseed oil)
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Add oil to skillet and heat over high heat.
2. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 secs.
3. Add bok choy and soy sauce. Cook for about 4-5 mins. Done!
My biggest cooking fan, Ashley Deck, said she felt like it was from a restaurant and it’s her new favorite. I’ve gotten a lot more comfortable cooking seafood. Mmmmmmmmm you move back so soon yay!